Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Adam Seburn 1990-2011

I don't exactly know why I'm posting this on the internet. I guess I feel like I don't have a friend anymore, and maybe someone out there will listen.


Adam Seburn is..was..my best friend. We knew eachother since we were about 11. Since grade school.


A week ago, Adam committed suicide. I didn't know why, he never acted any different than he had in the ten years I knew him. He stayed home for a few weeks, and not too long ago, his sister came to visit and found him. He'd hung himself.


I recieved a box in the mail today. It's a worn-out Dr. Scholl's shoebox, containing two papers, his camera, his cell phone and a gun.



The cell phone has no battery, and the gun appears to be non-functioning. The papers are yellow, one is blank the other says "THE HARDEST CHOICE IS THE SIMPLEST ONE". On the back it says "I AM SORRY AUSTIN". Er, my name is Austin Wolfe. I guess I should have mentioned that.


The camera doesn't even turn on. The SD card inside appears to only have a few files on it, but none of them will play correctly.


I've tried calling his sister, Stacy, but she told me she doesn't even want to talk to me. I don't know what I did to piss her off so much. It's not like I killed him.



It just.. To anyone out there reading this, if you've lost a loved one suddenly, you know how this feels. To know someone is there...to know that they'll be there, always...and then they're gone.



Christ. What fucking choice? What did he find so hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment